Thursday, August 6, 2009

Aey Bhai, Zara Dekhke chalo..

aye bhai zara dekh ke chalo
aage hi nahi peeche bhi
daayein hi nahi baayein bhi
upar hi nahi
neeche bhi
aye bhai

Remember this song from "Mera Naam Joker"? Well, exactly this is what my car driving instructor taught me when I was learning to drive a car. He asked me a simple question - "While driving, which are the different directions you need to look at"? I thought this is just a test of "directions" and confidently told him "I will look at FOUR directions - front, back, right and left". "That's it?" question came back. "Yes" was my confident answer. Then he explained me, how "car" is different than riding a "two wheeler" and how we also need to be conscious about 2 more directions - "top" and "bottom". Definitely a good gyan for the amount I paid to learn driving. On the contrary, I remembered some advices from a friend (Tushar Oza), on how to ride my Hero Puch effectively. He always used to advice me to fold the backseat footrest as it might obstruct some hairline maneuvers !!!

OK, back to the topic. Why did I remember all these suddenly? Hmm, I had the opportunity to once again observe the daring driving skills of different cars on the Mysore-Bangalore highway last weekend. Many many cars (likes of Honda City/civic, forget about Indica and sumos) had their rear view mirrors on both sides folded to achieve maximum speed (increase the aerodynamics by minimizing air resistance). When you are cruising at 130 to 150 KMPH, is this safe? Who cares? Reaching their destination about 20 to 30 minutes earlier than it takes is the key for them and not the safety of themselves or the others on the road. Uh.

There are other bunch of taxis one need to be careful about. They have the car tail lamps modified to look like some graphic equalizer when they apply the brake. Are they taking a right turn or left turn or are they on the reverse gear? God knows. Just enjoy your music and their graphic equalizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment