Saturday, August 15, 2009

History Repeats....


This weekend was kind of disappointing for us. It all started on Thursday morning itself. Poorvi had Krishna-Radha dance at her school. She was supposed to dress up as Radha and go to school. Lot of preparations were done on Wednesday evening itself (like taking approvals from Poorvi on what dress she will wear next day etc). So, everything was set. Atleast that's what we thought so.

Woke up quite early to get Poorvi ready for the day. Everything went on well for sometime, but all of a sudden, Poorvi decided that it is a good day to chill out at home and cannot take the burden of the school for that day. We tried all possible methods - request, bribe, threaten - nothing worked. Poorvi had made up her mind. It is difficult to send a "crying" Radha to school. With Swine flu scare at the back of our minds, we decided not to push "Radha" to school. What a fun day to miss the school :-( Poorvi will probably realize this later :-)


In fact, it seems I was no different when I was "Krishna". I was crying through a fancy dress competition where I was forced to dress as "Krishna". Probably there was no swine flu threat during that time and my parents did indeed help me to participate in that competition and win first prize. :-) I could not help compare these two instances (Crying Krishna vis-a-vis Crying Radha), chronologically separated by around 30 years :-)

Back to last Thursday. On the same day (Thursday) evening, we were suppose to go for a trip to Badami, Aihole, Pattadakallu. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, we had to cancel this trip in the last moment. I remember, we had to cancel our Hampi trip also sometime in 2006 December, very similar to this one. Just 2 months later, we were in Hampi and had a very nice time there. I am hoping that history repeats itself, we will get a chance to visit Badami soon & enjoy it too thoroughly. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment