Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Life







Last couple of weeks have been busy for me. First of all, my old laptop decided to take its last breath & my N95 phone got critically ill. So, when you don't have your laptop with you & your phone does not work the way you want it to work, you will feel paralyzed. That's what happened with me & I ordered a new laptop in office & got myself a new phone. A complete new life for me, as Veena says :-)

I have a new HP 6930p Elitebook (see the pic). It took sometime for me to get used to it, install all my old softwares/applications. I must say, this is a very nice laptop, but my only crib is about just 160 GB hard disk :-( All was well, untill I installed Office-2007 on to this laptop. Sometimes I get that ever-famous blue screen, which is quite annoying. Anyway, this is much much better, faster & more importantly has a prolonged battery life than my old laptop.

Next step was getting a new phone. I was all the time waiting for Nokia 5530 to be available in India. It is good touch phone, toned down version of Nokia 5800. Nokia 5800 (refer to the pic above) was priced at 16.7K about 3 weeks back & 5530 was expected to be around 14K. But surprise surprise.. Last week 5800 prices were slashed by 3K & it was available for 13.7K. No looking back, no more waiting, just went & grabbed Nokia 5800 for 13.7K last weekend. Again, coming from traditional "keypad" phones, getting used to touch phone & exploring all the nice features took time. More challenge was to make these two new devices talk to each other seamlessly.
And in this new life, getting things right first time is difficult. For example, look at this blog. I am yet to find a way to position the images in right place using IE-7. I was happy with Safari on my old laptop & for some reason safari was not getting installed on this new laptop. I knew how re-positioning of images work within the blog editor. Somehow it is not working in IE7 :-(.
New life, new challenges. We shall overcome, someday.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new devices - they look awesome!!!
    Hum honge kaamyab, hum honge kaamyab, hum honge kaamyab ek dinnnnnnn.......man mein hai vishwas
    Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete