Thursday, October 29, 2009

The "Missed" call

With almost everyone having atleast one mobile phone, getting in touch with each other is very easy. Just give your friend or family members a call on their mobile or just send an SMS. At the same time, there are many many innovative ways evolving in communicating with each other. With many operators having a " per minute" billing, people started communicating with each other without making a call OR sending an SMS. Just use a beautiful feature called - "missed call". There are many use cases of this "missed call":
  • One "missed call" indicates you are waiting near a particular place, two missed calls indicate a different place so on.
  • Give a missed call so that other party will call you back :-) Way to save your money.
  • Give umpteen number of missed calls to annoy someone, if you are really angry with that person.

This whole "missed call" business is so huge that some people are already "expecting" the phones to indicate them if they just got a "missed call" OR they really missed an intended call. Uh..

Just today, I came across a totally different use case for this missed call. When I called up to get the replacement cylinder for our LPG, the lady at the counter asked me to just give a "missed call" to a particular mobile number. I just followed her instruction and I got an automated SMS thanking me that I've used their "Missed call based booking system" and the LPG cylinder will be delivered soon. Just wondering if by mistake I give a missed call to this number, then what happens? And how do I cancel the request? Giving two missed calls? Ah, talk about the use & misuse of technology.

1 comment:

  1. OMG anything excessive is bad...hehehe illa u might get an additional cylinder for free ;)

    ReplyDelete