Thursday, March 11, 2010

Malatesh - A long lost friend

(Refer to my earlier blog : http://vikki-pedia.blogspot.com/2009/05/strangers-of-mini-forest.html)

As I was hurrying up in the evening to pick up Poorvi from her grandparents house, I found this very familiar person walking alone on Bannerghatta Road. Moment I saw him, I knew he is the same old person whom I used to meet during my mini-forest days. In my previous blog (refer to http://vikki-pedia.blogspot.com/2009/05/strangers-of-mini-forest.html), I had a mention about him & how I lost in touch with this wonderful guy - Malatesh. 

Malatesh, one inspiring person - trying to overcome all the trouble that life has thrown at him. Ever since he met with the accident, he is mentally crippled for life. He does not remember things quite well, but he never forgets to walk, walk & walk. His routine includes about 2 hours walk in the morning & 2 hours in the evening. He does not have complete balance over his body, but he has never given up on walking. 

It was about 10 years back that we used to meet in mini-forest. When I introduced myself last evening, he felt so happy to see me. I once thought that he may not remember me, but he really surprised me. Initially he was getting confused with another Vikram he knows of. Then he started talking about one more Vikram who is in Wipro and whose parents name are Kamalanath & Nalini. Wow, I was zapped. How does he remember my parents name which I told him about 10 years back ! When I told him that I am the same Vikram he is talking about, his joy had no bounds. He explained me how he remembers my parents name - KNN (just like CNN), which stands for Kamalanath & Nalini. I was just wondering, how short our memories get compared to him but still he is not a normal person :-( He says, he has just one obsession in life - walking. He had some advice for me as well - do not run, but walk, walk & walk :-)

Well, he has taken my contact number & invited me to join him for a walk during some weekend. Hope I will be able to join him in his morning walk one day, even though I am not confident if I can match his endurance & enthusiasm in walking. 


3 comments:

  1. I go to mini forest for walk every morning. Ofcourse i dont talk to ppl there, any clues on how to recognize this person?
    my timings is 6-6.45am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malatesh does not go to mini-forest anymore as he has shifted out of JP Nagar.

    Well, according to him - mini forest is polluted these days - not just because of vehicles & noise, but also due to sheer number of people at mini forest. He said "so many people is also a kind of pollution" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, there are lot of people now. but it depends on the time too. at 5.45 or 6 there isnt much people around.
    I find mini-forest a very nice place to walk, i get to see all kind of people out there. old and young telling their own stories, it is a very interesting place.

    well i think it all depends on how one is.

    ReplyDelete