Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bengalooru Marathon

(Article dedicated to Ceekay, who is an avid marathon runner and a trainer for marathon aspirants. Also to my brother Vijay, who has come a long way in marathon running)

Much awaited Bengalooru Marathon is happening this weekend, on 31st May (Sunday). It is called Sunfeast 10K marathon. As per the latest reports more than 15000 people have registered for this event. I guess its going to be a mega event. I was in two minds whether (thanks to "weather") to participate in this event or not :-) Well, first of all, I cannot run for 10 KMs for sure, I can try walking, after few KMs of run :-) Also, I am little worried about the weather conditions on that day. Initially I thought it is going to be too hot that day. Going by the recent weather predictions, it might rain as well :-( But I wish it is going to be a pleasant weather - just that typical Bengalooru cloudy weather, so that the "runners" have a "field day" on 31st May. Sun God and Rain God, please go for a honeymoon elsewhere and let the clouds rule Bengalooru for a day.

Hmm.. I have never run a marathon, not even in its smallest form. Got to try it someday, just for the heck of it. Somehow, I was not much convinced about paying the money and then run. Is it what known as "Run for your money"?

Anyways guys, on a serious note, why not give this marathon a try? We still have time to register. If not run, let us walk atleast, provided weather stays good. It is only a matter of 300 Rs, anyway you get a T-Shirt :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment