Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Daughter's Day

(This blog dedicated to my lovely daughter Poorvi)

Just as Poorvi and me were rushing in the morning to catch her school bus, I saw a mother and daughter hugging each other and mother wishing her daughter "Happy Daughter's day". Oh my... Daughter's day? Here I am, totally oblivious to the happenings around me and completely ignorant about such a day dedicated to the daughters :-( Poorvi was so prompt in wishing me "Happy father's day" other day and lo, I am not even aware of such a day called Daughter's day? Bad :-(

So, back to Google and I found that Daughter's day is celebrated on July 1st (to celebrate the birthday of Kalpana Chawla). This for once made a complete sense to me to have this day as "Daughter's day" to remember a great person like Kalpana and her achievements. I even now remember the day when tragedy happened. We were all in a dawn-to-dusk festival called "Vasantha Habba" when we got this news. It was completely unbelievable to know what happened.

Anyway, I have decided, instead of just wishing Poorvi "Happy daughter's day", today I will also tell her something about Kalpana Chawla and her achievements :-) Not sure, if Poorvi can really understand, but I will tell her anyway :-)

Happy "Daughter's day" to all the women folks reading this blog :-)
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment