Friday, July 17, 2009

Thank you for the music...

I had a gift voucher to purchase 100 songs from an upcoming music store. So, I started browsing the store for all my favorite music. It is not an easy task to choose the best 100 tracks of your choice ranging from English, Hindi, Kannada and even Tamil. Especially when there is a huge collection of music from all genres and all types of music.

Most of the songs I chose used to take me back in time to some place, some incident or some situation. I guess many of you would have experienced the same, when you listen to some song.

I think the first and foremost song which created any interest in me towards music was a song from "Qurbani" - "Aap Jaisa Koyi". Every time I hear that special music, it takes me go back to 1980, when I was a kid of 5 years. This music was played round the clock in my neighbor's house and I was so much attracted to this music. I guess this is the only thing I still remember about our neighbors back then. Even now, my heart skips a beat to hear to this great song. During that generation of 1980s, may be this music would have created flutters.

Other song(s) which I can never forget are the songs from Roja. Uh, the music defied the tradition and it completely stood out from the rest of the music in 90's. Every time I hear this music, I go back to my hostel days in engineering college. Every room you enter, at any time, this song was always on. For so many days, weeks and months, we just listened to these songs from Roja in that hostel. First time ever I became a fan of Tamil music and first time ever I watched a Tamil movie.

One more incident which I can never forget is "Jayciana" - our college festival. It is in one of these festivals that I heard the song - "Pyaar hame kis mode pe le aaya". Uh, it created an unbelievable "mode" and instantly this became one of my favorite songs. Similarly I cannot forget "Dil tadap tadap ke" song sung in one of the Wipro day functions back in 90's. Again, added to my favorites.

Listening to so many lovely songs over the years, only one thing comes to my mind : Thank you all the composers, musicians for the music. It is always so special. Long live these lovely music.


No comments:

Post a Comment