Friday, July 3, 2009

My experiment with Truth

Here is the continuation of that "Daughter's day" story (refer to my post on July 1st). I wanted to tell Poorvi about Kalpana Chawla, her achievements, how brilliant was she etc. I decided to tell the story, as is, without adding much "masala" into it. Usually all my stories to Poorvi will have some kings or some animals or some of her friends as characters, sometimes combinations of any of these character, with lot of lot of masala in it. For once, I decided to tell a real life story to Poorvi, so, it was a moment for me to experiment with truth.

As usual, dinner time is the ideal time for all these stories. Spicier the story, easier to feed Poorvi. Invariably Poorvi opens the mouth during the story telling (with an expression of shock or disbelief). It is the best opportunity for one to put food into her mouth. But this real life story of Kalpana Chawla did not have so many "shock and awe" effects. May be I did not dramatize much. So, it was a slow paced dinner that day, with absolutely no expression on Poorvi's face. But I did not give up. My intention was to tell Poorvi the importance of daughter's day :-) Story went on for some more time and when the story was "ended" with the burst of space shuttle in which Kalpana was travelling, Poorvi could not really hide her anger anymore. She started blasting at me "What kind of story is this? Is this all the story? Story is over? I am feeling sad now, I don't want to eat anything anymore". Uh, back to square-one. So, I started again with some more masala added into the story. How Kalpana used to answer the questions on solar system, how she used to enjoy the school, how her teacher used to praise Kalpana etc (to make this story session interesting, I asked some questions on solar system, which Poorvi also knew answer). So, Poorvi also felt that she is as great as Kalpana and nothing less. That made her more comfortable in opening the mouth again and me trying to put as much food as possible in this "limited" opportunity.

Umm, this was one of my experiment with truth :-) I failed miserably this time around. I will not give up, let me try again sometime later. Till then, "Asatya-meva-jayathe".

1 comment:

  1. Hehehehe good 1 there!

    I think till the time your objective is met sab kuch chalega ;)

    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete