Saturday, June 27, 2009

Colorless Men?


Are men color blind? Or just that men don't appreciate the range of colors?

All these questions came to my mind, when I had a confrontation with Poorvi on one particular color. She was happily painting other day. She had to paint one portion of a drawing with Pink (I guess) :-) But she had painted it black. I was little surprised how can Poorvi be such color blind. When I checked with her, why didn't she paint that portion in Pink, she said, she does not have that color in her color box :-( I was more surprised and checked her color box. Indeed there was pink color.
But Poorvi had her own explanation. First of all, it was supposed to be a maroon color that she had to paint. But that "pinkish" color she has in her box is "magenta". So she decided to go with black. I could not further argue with her and decided to change the subject of discussion :-)

Sometime back, there was a mail that men can understand only 16 colors. I really wonder, if 16 is little bit exaggerated? Leave alone distinguishing the colors, I probably do not know the names of 16 different colors :-( We all know (by name) 7 VIBGYOR colors, add to that black and white. I cannot count more than 9 colors.

White and Black are the most easiest ones, with some effort Green and Blue can be distinguished (relating to Pakistan and Indian cricket uniforms). Anything Grey is black. Any other color should be either red or yellow or orange (thanks to traffic lights). :-) Peach and melon can only ring the bell as fruits than anything else. Violets and Indigos are left for a wild guess. Any other colors?


No comments:

Post a Comment