Wednesday, June 3, 2009

T20 World Cup : Need change in mindset !!

After IPL, it is T-20 world cup. Stage is set for the grand showdown of the Cricket super powers. It is all set to begin from June 5th (Friday) onwards. It is a 15 day non-stop event and unlike IPL, we (as fans) have very very little time to warm up :-) By the time you realize that the tournament has started, it will all be over. That's the power of 20-20.

Well, for me personally, I have to start supporting some of those guys whom I hated most about 15 days back when Royal Challengers Bangalore were beaten in IPL :-( I hated RP Singhs, Suresh Rainas, Rohit Sharmas while vehemently supporting RCB in IPL. Now, I've to change my whole mindset to think of a "bigger picture", as the age-old cliche goes. I really wonder, if those Cricketers also have this kind of similar feelings against each other? Or not?

Anyways, it is time to cheer for India. India has it easy in the league matches (with Ireland and Bangladesh as opponents), so it should be a straight-forward walk into the second round for India. It should also give us an opportunity to start admiring all those Singhs, Rainas and Sharmas.

We can expect some tough competition from Newzealand, South Africa and Australia this time. But I hope that we will retain the T20 world cup. So guys, get ready for an all exciting 15 to 20 days ahead of us now :-) Go India Go !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment