Tuesday, June 23, 2009

To "B" or not to "b"

"B"elieve me or not, whole of last weekend, I was wondering about "B". No, it was not about Big-B, not even about Bachcha B, nor it was about the "Bee" which had stung Poorvi sometime back. I was in fact helping Poorvi to write her homework !! She was suppose to write both Mummy "B" and baby "b" around 20 times. Uh, I never thought "B" is such a complicated character !!!

First of all, Poorvi had given up all hopes that she can ever write "B". She had a special disliking for this alphabet. So, I really had to motivate that "B" is a very nice character :-) After that, I tried all tactics, putting dots and asking her to join the dots, holding her hands and make her write, try to bribe her with some goodies if she wrote even a single "B" on her own etc. Each of these tactics helped, but not to that extent where she could finish all her homework.

Patience is the key. "B" patient, I said to myself. It helped to some extent. No point in getting frustrated. Each of those frustration used to demotivate Poorvi further, taking some more story telling, pampering from my side to get her back on track to write. So, I used to waste more time, if I lost patience :-)

Secondly, give enough breaks. At one point, she just had to write four more "B"s to finish her homework, but somehow Poorvi was in no mood to write. I was just pushing her to write those B's, before taking a break. But no, each of those B's used to take hell lot of time and with absolute no resemblance to any of the alphabets I know of. One more lesson learnt. :-) Longer the breaks, faster the writing and it is more accurate.

Uh, at the end of two days, when she wrote all her "B's", I felt like a king, having achieved a great victory. Already the next weekend is approaching, I am getting ready for the war :-) Let me "C" what is in store.

2 comments:

  1. loved reading this one.... good job! Vicky
    "C" has less curves, so will be a piece of cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Looks like yes, its gonna be "C" homework this weekend. Fortunately, as you said, Poorvi is comfortable in writing this letter :-) Biggest advantage is that the mummy "C" and baby "c" are not much different :-)

    ReplyDelete