Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mobile Apps : Next big thing?


I've been using N95 mobile from last 1.5 years and to say the least, "I just Love it". Sometimes my wife wonder if I am married to mobile phone, as I not only spend more time with the mobile, I also keep it closer to the heart (in my pocket) !!!

Anyways, I love trying out different applications for mobile and constantly changing the look/feel of the phone :-) I have come across some really cool apps for N95 (in general for Nokia mobiles). Here are few apps that I've actually "purchased" (yes, I did it :-) ) from "Ovi", the one stop shop for applications on Nokia phones.

1. Best Profile

Costed me around 200 Rs. This applications lets you to change the "profiles" automatically as per your need and settings. E.g. once you enter a particular location (say, your home), it automatically detects the location (through the BTS cells, you don't need GPS) and changes the profile to "Home Profile". You can also set a time based profile change (e.g. at 10:30 in the night, go to "Silent" mode). Best of all is that, it can synchronize with your calendar and puts the mobile into "meeting" profile, if you are in a meeting (as per the calendar). Once the meeting is over, it can go back to your old profile !!!

I have been using this profile for almost 15 days now and its really cool !!!

2. Digital Alarm Clock



Well, this application costed me around 120 Rs and again, this one I found it very useful. It makes your phone into a digital clock and it is very convenient to have this "clock" next to you in the night. It has display in different colors and the one in Green (shown here) is the best one, according to me. What's more, even the battery consumption is not that much, even if you keep the digital clock on throughout the night.

I never thought that I will buy apps ever, but looking at these useful apps and not-so-high-cost, decided to give it a try !!! As they predict, mobile applications is the next big thing happening and you will hear more about some great applications in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment